Welcome

Hey! Welcome to my blog!! I hope you enjoy it and tell your friends about it. I decided I needed a place to vent and to put my thoughts. So I hope you enjoy and remember some things mentioned are mood oriented.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stuck

I fear I am stuck.  Stuck in a place that I can’t get out of because I have no desire to try.  Stuck in a place that I fear I may never try to get out of because it is comfortable and I don’t want to test the waters.  I really want to move forward but I’m stuck.  The thing that probably causes me to be stuck in this place is my fear of the unknown. Not fear of a challenge but the unknown.  What if I go out there and nothing happens. Or worse what if I go out there and something does happen and I fail.  This is not something that I look forward to; I do not like to fail.  This probably explains a lot about me. Why when I was in high school I took 5 math classes when I only needed 3 to graduate, 4 sciences when I only needed 3 to graduate.  Yet when I got to college took only the amount that I needed to graduate b/c I knew college math and science was harder than high school (as it should be).

I want desperately to get my PhD but I am not pushing myself towards it.  I guess it’s along those same lines. I fear I will fail at it so I don’t pursue it.  I make excuses. I dream of making it instead of actually trying to make it.  So please explain to me why I can’t seem to move forward. It’s like I’m stuck in cement with no one to help break me out.   I need the motivation to move forward. Maybe losing weight will be that motivation that I need.  Maybe moving in with Misty’s mom will help lessen the money stress that I feel every time I think about going back to school.  I mean getting a PhD is gonna cost some money and I already owe a HUGE amount in student loans.  I just want to move forward and begin teaching and writing.  I don’t really know what is stopping me from writing.  The resources are there all I have to do is start.  Maybe I’m afraid people will laugh and tell me I can’t do it.  Maybe I believe I can’t do it.  I seriously need some motivation.

I hate being stuck.

2 comments:

  1. Remember Fear is of the Devil! What's the worst that can happen? You fail and then you pick yourself up and start again. Trust me failling is part of life it teaches us humility and it teaches us what not to do. If you fail say to yourself what did I do wrong, how can I change and fix what happened, and then try again. All the greatest inventions weren't made in one day they had severl failures firts! Change your thinking and it will make it easier! Not easy, just easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I really needed that. You know sometimes I just need a good kick in the behind!

    ReplyDelete